This new Teams feature is added to Microsoft Teams. When your tenant does not contain no more than 5000 users, it will be possible to create an org-wide Team. Creation of the org-wide Teams will be available when creating a new Teams
Select the option “Build a team from scratch”
Select the option “Org-wide”
With the selection of the Org-Wide teams, all users in the organization will be added and Active Directory will keep it up to date.
These types of accounts won’t be added to your org-wide team:
- Accounts blocked from sign-in.
- Guest usersService accounts
- Room or equipment accounts
- Shared mailbox Accounts
The creation of Org-Wide teams can only be done by the Global Admins in your tenant.
When you don’t see the option to create a org-wide Teams it could be because any of the following limits:
- Your tenant has more than 5000 users
- You are not a Global Admin
- You already have 5 org-wide teams in your tenant.
- You are using Teams for Educations.