The Monthly Update of June breaks a series of Outlook functions: search won’t work, new emails are no longer indexed, etc.
Patches involved are:
- KB4022715 (Monthly Rollup) Windows 10
KB4022719 (Monthly Rollup) Windows 7
After installing the June 2017 Windows Update, Outlook 2010, Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016 search starts having problems.
- Searching current folder, if keywords do not have any match in current folder, the “searching” spins forever.
- The Event viewer show Event 36 “Search cannot complete the indexing of your Outlook data”.
- Outlook stops indexing any new emails. Unless I close the Outlook and reopen it for the search to show the new emails.
- Any connected .PST files in Outlook, indexing fails complete on those .PST files.
- In Windows 7 the Office Filters for Open XML Formats and file name extensions are broken.
Also some issues with IE where reported, like printing blank screens.
After de-installing the rollup and a reboot, Search is working correctly again.