Microsoft has announced the latest quarterly CU for Exchange Server 2016 and 2013.
- Cumulative Update 7 for Exchange Server 2016 (download | UM language pack)
- Cumulative Update 18 for Exchange Server 2013 (download | UM language pack)
Exchange 2016 CU7 enforces a minimum Forest Functional level of Windows Server 2008 R2.
The support requirement for Forest Functional level of 2008R2 has actually existed since Exchange 2016 CU3, but CU7 is the first CU which will enforce it.
Microsoft .NET Framework
The following table identifies the version of the Microsoft .NET Framework that can be used together with each version of Exchange. Supported versions are identified by an X character.
|.NET Framework||Exchange 2016 CU5 and later||Exchange 2016 CU3 & CU4||Exchange 2013 CU16 and later||Exchange 2013 CU15||Exchange 2013 CU14||Exchange 2010 SP3|
|.NET Framework 3.5||X1|
|.NET Framework 3.5 SP1||X|
|.NET Framework 4.0||X1,2|
|.NET Framework 4.5||X||X1,2|
|.NET Framework 4.5.1||X||X|
|.NET Framework 4.5.2||X||X||X|
|.NET Framework 4.6.1||X||X3,4||X3,4|
|.NET Framework 4.6.2||X||X||X||X|
1 If you are using Windows Server 2012, the .NET Framework 3.5 must be installed before you can use Exchange 2010 SP3.
2 Exchange 2010 uses only the .NET .NET Framework 3.5 and .NET .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 libraries. It doesn’t use the .NET .NET Framework 4.5 libraries if they’re installed on the computer. We support the installation of any major or minor version of .NET .NET Framework 4.5 (for example, .NET .NET Framework 4.5.1, .NET .NET Framework 4.5.2, and so on) as long as .NET .NET Framework 3.5 or .NET .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 are also installed on the computer.
3 If you’re upgrading from a previously installed Exchange cumulative update, we strongly recommend that you install the latest cumulative update before .NET Framework 4.6.1 and its related post-release fixes.
4 .NET Framework 4.6.1 requires post-release fixes if you want to install it on a server running a supported version of Exchange. The following are the .NET Framework 4.6.1 post-release fixes needed for Exchange.
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Hotfix rollup for the .NET Framework 4.6 and 4.6.1 in Windows (KB3146715) 64 bit
- Windows Server 2012 Hotfix rollup for the .NET Framework 4.6 and 4.6.1 in Windows (KB3146714) 64 bit
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (Exchange 2013 CU13 and later only) Hotfix rollup for the .NET Framework 4.6 and 4.6.1 in Windows (KB3146716)64 bit